Tuesday, February 6, 2007

First Dance

There is a Misty Edwards song that talks about a first dance when you fall in love with God. I just wanted to tell you about my first dance. It was when I was going through a really DRY time in life and God totally gave me a breakthrough, all I had to do was listen and obey.
So one night during worship at youth group I went into the back of the sanctuary and sat down on the floor. I was just praying and I heard God tell me to get up and DANCE. I was like, WHAT? I don't know what to do. (I've taken ballet for years but have never really danced for Him during worship) I heard Him again say,"Get up and dance." So I got up and started to dance. Just basic stuff but dancing JUST for Him. Then my friend Issac says don't stop dancing because there is an angel dancing with you. It was so amazing to just dance for God and not even care about anything else. It even encouraged another one of my friends to start dancing and she has no dance experience. After that it has been breakthrough after breakthrough. Right now while I'm going through a hard time I look back and remember that if I listen and obey He will get me through. Just to encourage anyone who might be going through a hard time like me trust in God and listen and obey. :) JESUS LOVES YOU

1 comment:

Amy said...

You are an amazing dancer and it is funny you say all this because last week at youth group I really felt like the Lord wanted me to go over and tell you to let it all loose and dance with all your might for him. Don't hold anything back and don't care what people think of you. God gave you that gift and He LOVES to watch his little girl dance (and so do I !) I guess I should have obeyed the Holy Spirit!!! Love you girl and am so happy you are "blogging" now!! - Amy